The Princess Bride
In the bid to be not
bored, I've been watching movies that are available on my hard drive. So far, my favourite is "The Princess Bride".
Only for people who love happy endings and a soppy storyline.
Btw, the lead character is another example of a real
Mind Numbing Boredom
I've been back in my hometown for a grand total of 6 days and I'm going crazy.
It wasn't so bad the previous years because
- I was still allowed to drive. Nope, I'm not allowed to anymore. Apparently I could get raped and killed. Not sure why I couldn't get raped and killed at 17.
- More people came back home during the holidays. People seem to have smartened up these days.
I need a hobby. Currently considering churning butter and trying to make Cavalier puppies appear from thin air by sheer will power alone.
I love ribbons.
I started a collection this year but it has not grown significantly due to the fact that I soon realized that I don't really
use them. However, that did not stop me from collecting a fair few.
I was surfing around for ideas to organize ribbons and came across this homepage. Look at it here
It's so amazing - I want a massive ribbon collection like that too!! But for now, I'll probably stick to organizing my ribbons using the first method.
to have this!!!
It's the time of the year when I look back and what I have done.
There are many what-ifs in my life. To think about all of them and wish for a different life would drive me crazy. Yet sometimes I still do it.
As the new year approaches, I confess I don't feel ready to face my final year.
Final year means the closing of a chapter and the beginning of a new one.
In the past few years, I would give myself a pep-talk and tell myself that the coming year is the
year. Well, I won't do it this year.
I leave it to destiny.
I fell asleep and before I knew it I was in a flooded building, with a girl asking me what am I doing using her en suite bathroom.
Then I was dancing with a friend I have not met in months in Safeway
to Christmas music.
Then I received a phone call from some person saying my friend bought heaps of jewelry and I have to go and pay the 1000 dollars he owes them.
Brain clearly in overdrive.
Little House On The Prairie
Has anyone read the Little House On The Prairie Series?
It's a collection of books about a little girl called Laura Ingalls. It describes the life of a person who lives isolated and is self sustained by what they hunt, farm and fish.
To know what defines a true man - read all about her father.
I'm serious! He hunts, builds his own house, makes his own furniture, ploughs the land, provides for the family, everything!
Yes, I am slightly deluded.
After 5 days of shopping I am finally home.
Didn't really buy much.
The sleeves were too long, the colors weren't nice, the cut wasn't good, the leather was scratchable etc etc.
I think I'm becoming a fussy old woman prematurely.
Cough Sniffle Sneeze
On Saturday morning I woke up and my throat felt scratchy. I passed it off as just morning throat discomfort and proceded to drink more water.
Spent the whole day drinking more water and by the time I got onto the plane I concluded it wasn't just throat discomfort - it was a definite sore throat.
By the time I reached Malaysia I developed a sniffle and today, a cough.
Did I mention my shopping trip of the year is tomorrow
Must. Get. Well.
Every New Beginning...
So I'm leaving Melbourne tonight.
Fourth Year has been the year I learnt many things. In many ways I think I have changed as a person and I have learnt a lot about myself. Have I changed for the better? I don't know.
As Fifth Year looms ahead I confess I approach it with mixed emotions. A part of me doesn't want to go forward - Fifth Year is full of questions that have to be answered, and I'm not sure I want to answer them. What am I going to do when I graduate? Where am I going to go? Do I really
want to do this for the rest of my life?
For now, I guess I will just enjoy my 4 week break from uni life.
Princess is a Blenheim Cavalier. That's right - that's the dog I want to get when I grow up.
Isn't Princess such a prissy name? She even has a pink leash with a harness that has wings
to indicate she's an angel. I'm not sure how much I like that...
She's a dog of a friend's friend. She's adorable but Mica will always be my favourite Cavalier...until I get my own.Princess and Mica togetherMe with Princess
- We brought them to Fawkner Park on Toorak Road to let them have some fun out in the sun.
Merim is a Kelpie x Jack Russell x Dingo. He's one of the most obedient dogs I have ever met. However, he's truly a one owner dog. Didn't seem very interested in being petted and fussed over by us. Merim
Baked a batch of cookies out of sheer boredom. Turned out quite well, nice and crispy.Recipe
3/4 cup caster sugar
4 tbsp cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1. Heat the oven to 170 Celcius
2. Cream butter and sugar together. Add egg and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
3. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt, blending well.
4. Chill dough for about an hour or until firm enough to roll.
5. Roll out dough and cut out shapes with cookie cutters. Place on a cookie sheet and bake until no indentation remains when a cookie is touched lightly in the center.
6. Cool thoroughly.
7. Frost or decorate as desired. I used icing sugar and some silver cachous.
Mystery Of The Missing Glasses
It has been 3 days since my glasses disappeared.
At first I thought it must
be somewhere in my room under some clothes or something. But now that I've done a complete cleanup of my entire room I am forced to conclude that they are not.
There's a nice little cafe with really good hot chocolates up Victoria Steet called Fraus. There's a variety of flavours - I chose Gianduia.Us at FrausKorean Barbecue
- after Fraus.
Did I mention that on the same day before that we ate KFC as well as cake? *hiccup*
Christmas At Crown
Burberry's sale started on Friday so we went to check it out.
I fell in love with a jacket and a bag - both which would amount to a nominal sum of AUD 2000. Decided I couldn't do it and left empty handed.
However, I had the opportunity to witness Crown's Christmas display. Unfortunately, all the photos didn't turn out too well except this one.
We then went to Automatic to have lunch, which was surprisingly mediocre. I actually remembered it to be better than what it was. Perhaps my senses deceive me.
All I want for Christmas is a red patent leather Burberry Cinda bag.
A Sight To Behold
My friend who's training to become the best pastry chef ever posted up a few pictures of the things that they make at school. I got permission for him to put them up here.
They are absolutely divine
. If only I had the ability to make such beautiful things.Petit FoursCoffee VerrinePiece Monte with Macarons
- My absolute favourite.Christmas ChateauVerrine with blueberry compote and mint sorbet
It has been a while since I posted any food. It shows how little I've been cooking/baking these days.
However, we made this for an early Christmas party.
Very proud of it.
We were lounging around the house aimlessly with no purpose or direction when my friend came with his dog. We decided that one should not be bumming around the house still in pajamas when Melbourne was kind enough to provide good weather and when we had no clinics to attend.
So we decided to go to Cacao in St Kilda. It's a cafe that serves pastry and chocolates.Mica
- Happy to be out of the house. At least 5 people stopped us on the streets raving about how cute he was with his backpack. Pain au Raisin
- I have a weakness for escargots. If I see it, I will buy it!Chocolate Crossaint
- Yummy. Highly recommendedCafe LatteUs
- Just happy to be out on such a nice day.
A wise friend once said, "I don't want to say it out loud - because saying it out loud makes it true
I. Completely. Agree.
1. The rubber dam punchers in the clinic. It took me 15 minutes and 10 sheets of rubber dam to punch 3 stupid holes in the stupid dam to put it onto the patient.
2. How all the instruments are all over the place. And when the stupid drawers do not have polishing strips/burs/plastic sleeves/articulating paper etc etc etc!!
3. There's no nurse to help you do anything, leading to you having to take off your gloves 20 times in 1 session and run around the whole place just to find the prescription sheet. And learn to suction and drill and fill and everything with 2 hands.
4. Setting up the radiograph booth.
5. Patients who complain that the session is long and that everything is too slow - like I'm doing it on purpose
Labels: Dental School, Lists, Rants
We went to the beach and drew this:
A lower molar, complete with apical resorption and a periapical radiolucency. If you look on the right side, we even added the bone level and labelled the biological width.
We then wrote our names in it and left it there.
Yes, we are nerds. So sue us!
When I grow up, I want to own a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. The blenheim one.
While I wait for that to happen, I play with other people's cavaliers.Nutty
- A Ruby cavalier. He is 12 years old. Mica
- Tricolour Cavalier, about 5 months old. I have no idea where I was looking at in this photo.
Pick A Number
I finally got a patient who is compliant, nice and grateful. It is a joy to treat patients who at least appreciate what you're doing for them.
I have finally achieved reattachment, after 2 years of perio treatment.
At the end of the most recent session, the patient had a request.
Patient: Could you please choose 6 numbers from 1 to 45. And write your name.
Me: ...Alright. *scribble scribble*
Patient: I had a dream about this.
I wonder what the outcome will be.
Labels: Dental School
I have a self-confessed addiction - I love sunglasses.
I can't help it. They're a fashion statement and
they protect your eyes from the sun. What more could one want?
Yes - I am currently into the big and the bling.