Tooth Fairy In The Making

Friday, September 29, 2006

Orange Teeth


I've always been a fan of oranges, particularly navel oranges when I was young. I'd come home from primary school, grab two oranges from the fridge, peel them and eat them in bed while reading my favourite storybooks. Then I came to Melbourne and discovered the joys of year round mandarin oranges that didn't need peeling (or at least very little effort). Until my friend admonished me when she heard I eat about 3 of them a day.

"You do know mandarin oranges are 'heaty' right? It's probably contributing to you getting sick all the time."

Argh! So I'm back to cutting and peeling navel oranges instead. Incidentally, I think eating navel oranges is hard work. The pulp always gets stuck interproximally - leading to impromptu flossing sessions. Which is a good thing in the long run considering I only floss about once every 2 days instead of the recommended twice daily along with toothbrushing. But still!

I wish there were magical orange peelers and juicers that do all the work. Somehow packed orange juice just isn't the same compared to freshly juiced oranges. Sigh.

Labels:

3 comment(s):

I floss once every few weeks...

By Blogger Tan Yee Wei, at 9/29/2006 12:10 AM  

Well, that's relatively normal I believe. Flossing is hard work.

However, as a future dentist I must advice you to floss more often unless you want to get gum disease. Lol.

By Blogger Dental Girl, at 9/29/2006 12:23 AM  

Only 3 a day? I can have 1kg a day during mandarin orange season here. :p

By Blogger Dentist Down Under, at 9/30/2006 12:43 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home