Tooth Fairy In The Making

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Holidays

It's mid-semester holidays now and for 2 weeks we get to take a break from the study and stress of undergraduate study and clinics. Which is fantastic - except I chose to fall sick during the first week of the holidays and for the second week all I've been doing is trying to catch up with my social commitments as well as my studies.

Yes, studies. I have - sad to say - been neglecting my studies this year. Isn't it strange how in first year, everybody is sprighty and eager to learn. In second year, the enthusiasm has faded, but we trudge along somehow. Now, 3rd year is when things get tricky. Clearly one should be studying hard because this is also the first year we have to seriously treaet patients clinically. But the opposite seems to be happening. My listlessness has scored me many a good telling-off from the demonstrators. I can only remind myself to try to work harder.

They say the best way to be hardworking is to fail once, thus giving oneself a good wake up call. I do not desire to try that method - yet. So I shall try my best to peruse my textbooks with vigour for the rest of the semester (in reality, only less than 2 months until summer holidays!) so that I can shop in peace at the end of the year.

Yup, tha'ts the plan.

Labels:

4 comment(s):

i've been slacking this sem :( u feelin better now? Well holidays' almost ending now. r u in unimelb?I'm a 2nd year accountin student at unimelb

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/28/2006 9:23 PM  

Hey, yeah, feeling much better now that I wasted the first week of the holidays.

Yeah, the only place you can do dentistry in Melbourne is Unimelb. So I guess we are unimates! :D

By Blogger Dental Girl, at 9/28/2006 9:30 PM  

oh yeah..hehe wasn't thinking. yeap i think we are then. i'm stillwastin my time. sigh

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/29/2006 3:42 AM  

Lol don't feel bad, I think everybody's been wasting time! The important part is to make a run for it in the last month.

That's my theory, anyway. :S

By Blogger Dental Girl, at 9/29/2006 1:25 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home