Tooth Fairy In The Making

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Tiffany & Co

Almost every girl dreams of the moment a loved one pops the blue box with a perfect white bow on top of it and says, 'This is for you.'

How do they make the bow so perfect? People who are hired at Tiffany & Co probably have to go through a bow-tying course before they qualify to work there.

I digress. I am fortunate enough to own not one, but three pieces of Tiffany & Co silver. All 3 were acquired in less than traditional circumstances.

1. Tiffany & Co 1837 Bar

My first Tiffany & Co was given to me in a posh restaurant with the works - candlelight dinner, custom-ordered and designed chocolate mud cake, just me and my 3 month old friend. Yup, you read right. Friend. No, I was nobody special to him, nor was he someone special to me. He just happened to be a really wealthy guy who decided to celebrate 3 months of us knowing each other.

Him: Anyway, I know girls like these things so I bought you a little something *slides box across the table*
Me: *disbelief*
Him: Hahaha...you should have a look at your face!

I know when you just received a gift that expensive from a friend you're not supposed to complain, but I shall go on and complain anyway. This was not the Tiffany & Co piece that I liked the most!. And he knew it!

Him: I know you like stars and I saw a starfish one...but nah - this suits you better.
Me: Oh...okay...

Alright, I'll shut up now.

2. Tiffany & Co Toggle Bracelet

This was a present from me to me, so to speak. I was sick and tired of girls having to wait for Tiffany bracelets and necklaces to just fall from the heavens (or very generous friends, parents, boyfriends etc) that I decided to take matters into my own hands and buy one for myself.

Should have engraved "From Me To Me" onto the heart, but didn't.

3. Tiffany & Co Starfish

Finally - the one I've had my hopes on. Got it from my parents for my 21st birthday - parents are very dependable in the sense that they get exactly what you want.

They are all very lovely but the truth is, Tiffany & Co isn't really what it's cut out to be. I think every girl should get one and leave it at that. It's really just overpriced silver at the end of the day. Silver that tarnishes.

That doesn't stop us from wanting it, does it?

Labels:

2 comment(s):

AGREED, but I still can't say no to Tiffany and Co. I wear my TC necklace ALL the time, minus showering, washing and swimming expeditions.

It has tarnished over the 1.5years, I think its time to take it to TC to get it polished, but the thought of the wear is like a symbolism of my relationship. So maybe I shouldn't ? =S

By Blogger joey, at 11/19/2006 2:17 PM  

It has tarnished over the 1.5years, I think its time to take it to TC to get it polished

The easiest and quickest way to polish tarnished silver is to rub some plain ol' toothpaste on it. Works like a charm every time and doesn't damage the silver.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/10/2007 1:02 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home