Tooth Fairy In The Making

Friday, September 29, 2006

Home Made Wantans

Being away from home, I get cravings once in a while for food back home. One day I had the craving for wantan mee and decided to seek it out at a nearby chinese restaurant.

Well, the wantans were the size of marbles. That was it. I went grocery shopping and set out to make my own overstuffed wantans to satisfy my inner wantan monster.

Here they are. The theory is to stuff them enough, but not overstuff them to the point that they can't close.



The filling is fairly easy to make - just minced meat of your choice (chicken, pork, beef, whatever), some minced mushrooms, soy sauce, pepper and cornflour all mixed up and stuffed into pre-made wantan skins that you can get in stores.

The good thing about them is that you can make a huge batch and freeze them - which is what I did. All you have to do is take them out of hte freezer, pop them into boiling water and there you have it - overstuffed wantans, just the way I like them.

Now, all I have to do is make the noodles.

Labels:

4 comment(s):

drools!!!

By Blogger Wingz, at 9/29/2006 4:46 PM  

my favourite tooth fairy. =D

terribly sorry, have wanted to mail u and ask bout ur new blog all these while... but was reli tied up with school work. glad to be able to keep up with your updates once again! =)

p/s: thanks for your wishes.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/29/2006 9:34 PM  

Well, here's my blog now...tadah!

Yeah, read your blog - you sound absolutely crazily busy! Makes me wonder what exactly am I doing with all my time...

Oh well, must work harder!

By Blogger Dental Girl, at 9/29/2006 11:01 PM  

exactly same method but i mix the minced meat with some rice wine, corn flour, sesame oil, finely chopped garlic & sometimes with egg.

:)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/10/2006 3:21 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home