Tooth Fairy In The Making

Friday, September 29, 2006

Baking - Act Of Love

I took up baking earlier this year during the holidays when I had nothing better to do with myself. I started off with the basic butter cakes and sponges and slowly progressed on. My friends even had foresight to buy me a mixer for my birthday.

Since then I've been baking fairly regularly. I enjoy the act - it is both therapeutic and rewarding. Plus, people tend to love me more because they get food to eat between lectures. I haven't been baking as much as I would like lately mainly because I

1. Don't want to get fat.
2. Don't want to get sick.
3. Kind of ran out of ideas.

However, a couple of weeks ago I found the recipe for cotton soft Japanese cheesecake. I. Couldn't. Resist.



Here's a picture of it before it got out of the pan. I forgot to take a picture when I took it out of the pan because I ate it before it had a chance to show itself. *blush*

It turned out pretty well, even if I do say so myself. Had a few nervous moments with it because it was the first time I baked a baked cheesecake but happily all was good. Will make it again when I want another calorie fest.

Kitchen Fairy (linked) is my other blog which is just all about my baking achievements. The thing is - not sure if I should merge both blogs or keep both separate? Can't decide.

Decisions decisions.

Labels:

5 comment(s):

Wow thats talent for you! :) I love to cook but baking has always been a bit beyond me. If you could post the recipe for the cheesecake though, it would be great coz i love japanese soft cheesecake! :D

By Blogger PP, at 9/29/2006 1:05 PM  

Hey... baking is actually quite easy once you get the hang out of it - everything is scary when you don't really know what's going on. I learnt from trial and error and reading recipes straight out of the book. If you can do a chemistry experiment in high school, you can bake. Lol.

Recipe I used was from here:

http://www.dianasdesserts.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/recipes.recipeListing/filter/dianas/recipeID/2312/Recipe.cfm

By Blogger Dental Girl, at 9/29/2006 1:23 PM  

I wish my girl can bake some cakes for me :) hahaha

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/29/2006 2:51 PM  

Lol...no point wishing. You should request and if she loves you I'm sure she'll try to bake a cake for you.

Either that or she'll just buy you one, which is better than nothing. :D

By Blogger Dental Girl, at 9/29/2006 3:37 PM  

damn, thats nice..admire girls with baking & cooking skills thou.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/10/2006 3:17 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home