Tooth Fairy In The Making

Saturday, August 16, 2008

New Acquaintances

I've been meeting quite a few new people lately.

I guess I have to say that I judge pretty quickly when I meet someone. I generally try to give the benefit of the doubt to people because after all, not all first impressions are the correct impressions. But sometimes all you need is 5 seconds to know you can never get along with some people.

For example, someone I met for the first time proceeded to state pompously,"I'm a very cool person."

Me: Really? What's so cool about you?
Him: You know... I'm just cooler than everyone else in my course. People in my course are so boring!
Me: Right...

No, he was not joking he actually meant it!

On the other hand, I've met some really nice people as well. Some of these people put me to shame in terms of their amazingly good nature and... niceness.

If only I could be as good.

Labels: ,

3 comment(s):

Well to be fair it can be hard to think of things to say when meeting someone new. One's 'coolness' is always likely to be a poor choice of conversation topic, but I'd give him credit for originality at least.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/16/2008 2:13 AM  

Well, I still think he should have stuck with generic topics e.g. what course are you doing and do you like Melbourne.

By Blogger Dental Girl, at 8/16/2008 10:39 AM  

Wow, so very humble.

By Blogger Me, at 8/18/2008 11:26 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home