Tooth Fairy In The Making

Monday, August 04, 2008

Ambition

Was introduced to a few people over the weekend.

Person: So, what do you study?
Me: I'm doing dentistry.
Person: Wow! You must be really driven to do a course like that. Are you going to specialize when you graduate?

To be honest, I am not a driven person. Nor am I particularly ambitious. I picked this course because I perceived it to be easier than medicine (it is academically, but probably not in terms of hands on work) and I thought it was going to be fairly straightforward. If someone had explained to me explicitly what dentistry really meant I think I would have backed out.

I had a vague idea that dentists did some fillings....how hard can it be to drill and fill? And I suppose they gave a few injections here and there.... and did some crown work. And a few extractions - that's just brute force, no? Shouldn't be too tricky.

How wrong I was.

Labels: ,

1 comment(s):

Wish I could go back 10 years and begin studying medicine instead of spending the most of a decade have recreational fun with medicine instead.

By Blogger Me, at 8/04/2008 9:02 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home