Tooth Fairy In The Making

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Dinner

It's a well known fact that if you attend a formal dinner and you're single - the seating arrangement predetermined by your lovely host or hostess is going to make or break your evening.

My evening was broken.

In times like this one can only assume that the person hosting it either

1. Hates you to the core.
2. Doesn't know you at all.

In my case - it was probably a mixture of both.

I was seated between a flower arrangement and a girl that I never had anything in common with - which I thought was a well-known fact, but apparently not. Opposite were two girls I barely knew.

Spent the night getting increasingly bored.

Snippits of conversation:

"You're a dental student? Ohh...hey, I have a wisdom tooth that's erupting. Should I extract it?"

"So, do you actually do stuff to patients now? Like real actual patients?"

"Does tooth whitening really work?"

Would have enjoyed myself so much more if I was in bed with a trashy paperback novel.

5 comment(s):

well, talk about gorgeous guys then. it will efinitely get the conversation going..u know u girls are suckers for sexy n pretty boys?
lol.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/09/2006 5:04 PM  

lol

i concur wif my learned friend astrosurge

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/09/2006 7:09 PM  

Ppl ask me that EVERYDAY even when I'm on holiday. Make up some scary shit to scare them ;p

By Blogger Dentist Down Under, at 11/09/2006 8:36 PM  

astrosurge n sifu: Now, why didn't I think of that? :P

DDU: It hasn't really been everyday for me yet, but it's common for people to do it once they hear I'm doing dent. Hmm..

By Blogger Dental Girl, at 11/09/2006 9:12 PM  

Learn to live with it. It'll become an everyday affair ;p

By Blogger Dentist Down Under, at 11/10/2006 12:32 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home