Tooth Fairy In The Making

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Animal Emergency

Milton was chasing after a pair of shoes when the catastrophe happened - the 24kg luggage my mom was weighing in the kitchen toppled over and fell on him.

As I frantically extracted him he squealed like he never squealed before and lay still in a really odd position. He then managed to get up but had a limp on his left leg.

Panicked, I quickly bundled him into the crate and drove to the vet. For one heart stopping moment I thought he had died.

Anyway, being Boxing Day and all the regular vet was closed and so I had to make the journey to Animal Emergency in Airport West.

Turns out he's fine - although my bank account would beg to differ. No broken legs or anything - just shock. He lay shivering and salivating for the rest of the day. Mince meat perked him up though and this morning he ate his favourite frozen chicken neck with gusto.

I guess i didn't realize how much emotion I had invested in him until then.


Milton after bath - Wet and miserable, waiting for his ears to dry.


Milton and Forceps - Yes, Dr Isabella Edwards gave me a lucky squeaky forceps that would help me extract teeth for the rest of my life. Milton's favourite chew toy.


Milton Down - Milton has successfully "downed". Can I have my treat now?


Milton Bored - Mommy, you wash my feet every time after I pee. I don't wanna!


Milton Right after he'd had his paws rinsed and pat dry.

Enough drama to last me a lifetime.

Labels:

2 comment(s):

Hello and nice to meet you, Milton and mom!!

We're glad you are OK, Milton. you're SO adorable!! We understand your mom's blog is now 'Milton centered'! We're looking forward to seeing more photos of your adventure. We'd love to add your name to our friends list to keep eye on you. Hope it's ok with you!

Happy Holidays!

Momo & Pinot

By Blogger Juno, at 12/27/2008 1:43 PM  

Milton's sooooooo cute,,,, hahas Can you train Nash for FOC? more shrinking wallet syndrome coming soon...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/29/2008 6:58 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home