Tooth Fairy In The Making

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Deletion

I believe that everything in life happens for a reason - that every person that I meet, every decision that I make and everything that has happened to me shaped the person that I am today and the person I will be in the future.

I think the things that impact us the most are the people we meet. And sometimes when I think about it I wish I never met certain people, that I didn't know they existed. For good reasons and wrong reasons.

How do you delete a person from your life? If only it was as easy as clicking a delete button and purging everything to do with that person out of your memory and your life. Everywhere I go different things remind me of certain people - certain events. Even certain subjects are cloaked with the person's presence because it was stuff you used to talk about, laugh about or make fun of. I guess at the end of the day the person has become a part of you in a way, because without that person's presence in your life, you wouldn't be who you are right now.

How do you learn to forget?

You don't.

Sometimes bittersweet memories are meant to be what they are - a mixture of emotions. At the end of the day perhaps the best thing to do is to just try to remember the sweet fondly and take the bitterness as a life lesson.

I was broken, but I have been made whole again.

Labels:

2 comment(s):

This post is reminiscent of the plot of 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind'. Check it out if you haven't seen it yet. It's a great movie.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/30/2008 12:36 AM  

i feel the same way you do! the first sentence of this post is exactly what i believe in.. but i wish i still believe as strongly as i did a few years back. now i wonder if not meeting some people will make me a happier person.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/31/2008 4:50 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home