Tooth Fairy In The Making

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Seething

So last week they sent us an email saying that our Primary care sessions have been cancelled for this Thursday and the next. Obviously, we rejoiced. Finally, instead of 9-5 everyday we get half a day off.

I happily went off to make plans for my Thursday afternoon, namely to have lunch with a friend and perhaps some shopping and banking. However, clearly it was not to be.

Last night they sent us an email saying they accidentally cancelled it thinking it was something else.

W.t.f.

You can't just cancel something and then just rudely snatch it away!! Things that are cancelled stay cancelled. Do they honestly think we sit around waiting for classes to be rescheduled because there's nothing else more important in our lives??

Already in a bad temper, things got worse. Went home for a precious hour's lunch break in between treating children and but was called up just as I was going to eat a sandwich. Apparently one of my patients fainted and I had to do an incident report on it. Therefore, come back right now and do it.

1. I wasn't even there when she fainted.
2. All I did was a scale and clean and a dietary analysis!!!

Didn't help when I got back and the patient's file was missing. Went into a tantrum (by tantrum I mean I was kicking and screaming inside my head, but outwardly forced to behave like an adult).

I hate it when my alone time is taken away from me.

Labels: , ,

1 comment(s):

I'm sorry to hear that. Hope you survive the remaining week.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/30/2008 12:51 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home