Tooth Fairy In The Making

Saturday, May 17, 2008

A Teaspoon of Determination, A Roll of Swiss...

As you readers are all too aware by now, I love baking.

I've done tiered cakes, piped buttercream roses, made 3D butterflies out of chocolate, made fondant flowers, croquembouche, the shebang.

But one thing I have never succeeded in doing until now is....to roll a Swiss roll.

Sad but true.

After 6 failed attempts I was at the verge of giving up. Honestly, when your Swiss roll ends up looking more like a very ugly sandwich of cake, things are not very encouraging.

However, after cleaning up my apartment today, I decided that today is the day my Swiss roll will roll, like a proper Swiss roll is meant to be.

And it did!! 7th time's the charm, I say.


My Swiss roll, all rolled up. Sigh...


Filled with pure Nutella.

Moral of the story? It's all about determination and perseverance.

Very pleased.

Labels:

1 comment(s):

looks yum!!! Is it just me or what, but it seems like most dental girls can bake (and shop).. sadly I'm not one of them =( (the bake part I mean haha)

By Blogger s0hp0h, at 5/18/2008 3:38 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home