Passionfruit CupcakesExtremely belated photos of cupcakes I baked for a 21st in April. Passionfruit cupcakes!
Ingredients for cupcake:
1 cup self raising flour
30g butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 170g can of passionfruit pulp, strained to remove the seeds.
1. Preheat over to 180 Celcius (160 for fan forced). Line cupcake tray with cupcake paper. Number of cupcakes will depend on the size of your tin. I managed to get about 30 mini cupcakes from this recipe.
2. Mix all the ingredients together except the passionfruit pulp with a mixer until it's nice and pale (maybe about 10 minutes of high speed mixing).
3. Add about 2/3rds of the passionfruit pulp into the mixture and combine.
4. Pour into cupcake tins, filling only about halfway (cupcakes will rise spectacularly).
5. Bake until cakes spring back when touched and are lightly golden. Leave to cool.
6. Pipe the remaining passionfruit pulp into the centre of the cake for an extra surprise.
7. Ice and decorate as desired.