Tooth Fairy In The Making

Thursday, February 01, 2007

My New Room

It's been almost a week since I've got back to Melbourne and things are finally beginning to settle down somewhat. My room is pretty much in order and now I just amuse myself by doing some small craft projects etc, which I will be posting pictures of later.

Here's a picture of a corner of my room which leads to the balcony. I stole that lamp and flowers from the living room...heh.



Other than that, had a crappy chair in clinic today. First the demonstrator came 10 minutes late. Then my EMS scaler refused to work (another 5-10 minutes wasted trying to figure it out). Then the light blew (!!!) I gave up and started scaling with no light and I've come to conclude that no light is a terrible thing.

Good news is that for the first time in my life I didn't have to retake impressions of my patient as I got them good at my first attempt. Of course, it may be because it was the nurse who mixed the alginate for me. *shrug*

Off to draw up the design for my patient's new dentures.

Labels:

1 comment(s):

Guess what the last time I had to retake an impression was when I volunteered to work at the public hospital 3 yrs ago! My conclusion is: public hospitals use cheapskate impression material that tears easily and doesnt adapt too well. I never have to retake in private practice. Wooohoooo!!!

By Blogger Dentist Down Under, at 2/04/2007 1:04 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home