Tooth Fairy In The Making

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Red Bean Soup

I love all the sweet chinese soupy desserts - they're so soothing and well... sweet. Which was why I got my mom to teach me how to make red bean soup.

I never knew making red bean soup was such a breeze. Just wash the beans, put it into a slow cooker with as much water as you would like (more for a watery soup, less for something thicker) and basically leave the cooker to do its job for about 2-3 hours until the beans are cooked. Then add sugar to taste and you're set!

I added thick coconut milk with some salt dissolved in it when serving. Here it is:



Delish!

Labels:

1 comment(s):

Hmm...you can soak the red beans overnight and it'll be cooked/or soften faster. Add a lil bit of orange peel while cooking if u like orange frangrance.

By Blogger chinny, at 12/04/2006 1:15 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home