Tooth Fairy In The Making

Friday, October 06, 2006

Friday the 6th

Such. A. Nightmare. Of. A. Day.

Started off badly due to drinking coffee at night thus rendering me incapable of sleeping for the entire night. Did not sleep a wink.

Got out of bed, went to dental school and had to tell my F/F patient that there is nothing I can do with a denture that feels heavy. Nothing. Spent half an hour trying to get that across.

Went on to retake impressions of myself for making a splint in occlusion lab. Demonstrator was nice enough to offer to do it for me.

Went to the lab to pour them up and survey my partial patient's cast and sent it for duplication.

Went to book in an appointment with the dentist after concluding it is another cavity I saw. *sweat*

Came back home briefly to bake a chicken pie to bring for potluck to celebrate Mid Autumn Festival

Went for my GP session, only to find my patient still suffering from pain after the first open and drain session. Had to run around the clinic looking for primary care and getting a 5th year student to do it - in the process trying to find out if amoxycillin is suitable for patients who has renal impairment. Patient was pissed off that he had to go through reopen and draining. Did a scale and clean of Q2 too.

End of the session, ran back up to the lab to remove my impressions from my casts for the splint, only to break off 2 teeth in the process. Ohhhhhhh, did I mention that the lab technician also completely forgot to duplicate my partial patient's cast??

Pros, GP, Perio, Pharm, persuasion, extreme test of patience all in one nightmare of a day.

Came home and buried myself in a sea of oreo cheesecake and KK donuts.

I'm beginning to think I'm being punished for..I don't know what.

:(

Labels:

3 comment(s):

hey there..

i feel your pain. it's so difficult to juggle everything..

=( be strong kay?

My house and I love reading your blog(and yes... the others too.. we've just got this inkling that we know what..we know. ehe. don't worry, we're all the way in kedah, malaysia, unable to be of any nuisance to your anonymous identity on this blog).

we are 2nd year dental students, and god damn the work load is piling up.:(

Keep blogging about life as a dental student. You inspire us!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/07/2006 7:55 PM  

Hey hey...

Thanks for the encouragement, I needed it after the nightmare of the day. Great to know that other dental students read this blog too.

Hope you guys are enjoying 2nd year.

By Blogger Dental Girl, at 10/08/2006 2:37 AM  

Not supposed to give ideas for baking... but try ripple cake, its sooo nice!

Periodontis, I actually know what that is, kind of.. dentistry sounds hectic (understatement)!!

By Blogger joey, at 11/19/2006 2:26 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home