Tooth Fairy In The Making

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Hospital

Am currently on my hospital rotation, which has been surprisingly easy for me. All one has to do is stand around and nod, and answer the occasional question. Quite a far cry from the hustle and bustle of RDHM, running around looking for polycarbonate crown forms that don't exist and lower hawks.

I was in one of the consulting rooms and a girl came in with bruises and cuts all over her face. The surgeon had a look at the films and said she had 2 fractured bones and asked her why she couldn't open her left eye.

Surgeon: Was it like this before or did it start after?
Girl: It was fine until my husband decided to use me as a punchbag.

How can anyone do that to someone? If it was an accident I would feel for the girl but write it down as being at the wrong place at the wrong time, but physical abuse is something that I just... yeah. It was awful. It wasn't just a simple punch on the face - she was seriously hurt.

Am 4 days into my one hour a day internet - it hasn't been that bad. Mainly because I've been going out 6 days in a row and haven't had much time to hang around anyway.

Labels: ,

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home