Tooth Fairy In The Making

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Disillusioned

I've been going through my blog, reading old posts.

I realize now how much I cared about material goods then. It seemed almost a driving force in my life.

Don't get me wrong - I still love nice things even now. But in a different way.

Buying an item used to send me into the heights of euphoria. After a successful shopping day I could lie in bed and look at all my purchases and be absolutely happy. For that time. Then the next day my life would be back to what it was before. Yes - I was guilty of retail therapy. Not anymore.

Now I buy things for the experience. For example, the pleasure of sleeping on good quality bedsheets and writing with a perfectly balanced pen is something I believe is worth spending money on. However, they are just comforts in life - they cannot and will never give me happiness.

Why so blue? I'm disillusioned.

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home