Tooth Fairy In The Making

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Always Check The Rubbish Bin

It's all a cruel cruel joke.

I saw a patient for the first time yesterday. She took off her dentures and set it on the bracket table, wrapping it up in a piece of tissue paper.

I did the initial examination, formulated my treatment plan, gave her a good scale and clean and sent her away. Then I got a nurse to clean up the bay while I wrote up my notes and prepared for my next patient, who was already sitting in the waiting room.

Went to bed last night with a clear conscience.

Boy, was I wrong.

Went into clinic today and was assailed by her at 10.30am, demanding to know where her denture was.

Turns out the nurse must have overlooked the tissue paper as being nothing but tissue paper (to be honest, how could she have known?) and threw it out along with the rest of the things on the bracket table.

Apologized profusely to the lady, and then promised to make her a new denture. She was very nice about it after my 20th "Oh my gosh, I am so sorry."

Why do things like this keep happening to me?

Labels:

1 comment(s):

omgosh! I am sorry for you too, must have felt so bad. Good thing is you can actually make her a new one. In my case, I I I... I don't know..

By Blogger s0hp0h, at 5/18/2008 3:48 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home