Tooth Fairy In The Making

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Because We're A TEAM

My friend was ushering at church today and therefore I decided to go to show her my support.

Yes, I do not go to church all that often nowadays. Shall not go into the details about why.

Anyway, the sermon was about working in a team - which was when I realized that I'm not really much of a team player. Because it's all about being a fantabulously good and nice person, and I don't think I have what it takes.

Trust - One must trust one's team members, because a person can't always do things themselves. Thing is, I find it hard to just let go and trust someone, without having a few safety nets. I guess it's something I have to work on.

Empathy - The only thing I think I have out of the 4 traits. Even then, I think I could work on my listening skills.

Accomodation - Accomodate people's differences and wonderfully diverse personalities. But really, what if it's an obnoxious creep who just wants to be right all the time? What then?? There's only so much one can take!

Mission - Every team has to have the same goal. I wonder if we know what we're heading towards sometimes.

I have concluded I really need to work on my teamwork skills. Shall start by trying to be more accomodating.

That's just plain difficult.

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home