Tooth Fairy In The Making

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

So, What do you do exactly as a dental student?

I've been back 2 days and already I am beginning to hate clinics again.

I'm either running around trying to find the demonstrator in the maze of bays of clinics... or running around trying to find a nurse so that I can start plugging in amalgam.... or running around trying to find dental materials.... or running around trying to call my patients to make appointments.... or being told off by demonstrators.

My patient clearly is of no help to me.

Me: So, I'm going to adjust the filling I just made for you. If it feels high, tell me and I'll just reduce it some more.
Patient: Okay.

Adjust adjust adjust adjust.

Me: So, how does it feel now?
Patient: Ah yes, much better. It's good now.

So I call the demonstrator to check my work.

Demonstrator: It's high. Haven't you checked for occlusion?
Me: Yes, I have. The patient said it's okay.
Demonstrator: Really? Mr X, does the filling feel high?
Patient: Yes, it does.
Demonstrator: *launched into a 10 minute lecture to me on how leaving high fillings lead to extreme pulpitis and I have done an extremely bad job*


!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hate patients.

Labels:

2 comment(s):

lol ur patients have a good sense of humour =p

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/10/2007 10:47 PM  

Have u tried using articulating paper? :p

By Blogger Dentist Down Under, at 7/19/2007 10:13 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home