Tooth Fairy In The Making

Friday, July 06, 2007

The Alternative

I often wondered what would have become of me if I decided that Dentistry wasn't the career for me. To be honest, I am still unsure if this is the life that I really want to lead - the rigid office hours, the patients who hate being where they are, etc.

When I was young I considered becoming an accountant - which I gave up after I learnt some basic accounting in secondary school and realized that a worksheet that was not balanced was trauma.

I considered becoming a vet once upon a time too - only to conclude that I only had love for fluffy beautiful animals, not snakes, spiders and other exotic weird pets people may bring to me.

I wanted to become a bank teller - after all, all you do is sit in an air conditioned bank daily and count money. Most of my acquaintances have dismissed that idea as folly - an occupation even more tiresome and repetitive than dentistry.

Sometimes I wish I didn't bother going to uni after high school, but rather just be content to do some simple job - enough to feed one's self. Of course, that would mean no wonderful bags or wonderful shoes.

Do I need wonderful bags or shoes?

Labels:

1 comment(s):

Hey there Dental Girl,

Been reading your blog for quite a while now, one of the few good Austraian dental student blogs out there (not that there is very many). Anywayz, as a Yr. 12 student up in QLD, I was wondering what your thoughts are on medicine as a career as compared to a career in dentistry. I ask because I know somewhere you mentioned considering medicine before you settled on dent. Anyway, as I'm trying to choose between these two courses for uni myself, I thought I might benefit from your insight. Thanks again, and keep up the awesome blog =)

Cheers,

~ Suj

PS - Feel free to email/MSN me if you want: sujansivapalan@hotmail.com

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/15/2007 5:19 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home