Tooth Fairy In The Making

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Life of a Non-saint

I am no saint.

I wake up every morning and I tell myself," Alright, today is the day you do everything exactly right. You're going to brush up, head straight to your books, stay away from MSN, eat a sensible healthy lunch, avoid snacks at all cost, resist from being a judgmental bitch about everything and anything, be a more understanding and caring person, clean up your desk instead of leaving your notes all over it before going to bed and stay away from DVDS."

Then I walk into the bathroom, see the state it is in, get angry and start cursing my housemate.

I had a chat to my friend today whom I hadn't met for about 2 years.

"You know Dental Girl, you've changed. A lot. You used to be a lot less bitter and calm. And way nicer. Heck, 2 years ago if I asked you to bake a cake for me, you would have done it. Now you tell me to get my girlfriend to do it."

"That's because you have a girlfriend and that's her job. I'm not going to bake for someone who already has someone designated for the job already," I snapped.

"See? This is what I'm talking about! Chill, girl!"

So I admit it - I am no saint. And I get irritated very easily. I guess over the past two years lots has happened to change my perception in life.

I am not as nice as I could be anymore because I don't want to be taken advantage of - and more importantly I don't want to be taken for granted. I don't want to be a doormat just waiting for people to step all over me. I refuse to be a doormat.

That's the thing isn't it? Because if I was truly a nice person, I would happily allow myself to be taken advantage of. I would happily be happy to be of service without any form of gratitude or recognition. I"ll be happy to be a doormat. I'll be happy just to be of service.

I am no saint.

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home