Tooth Fairy In The Making

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

It's All About The Money

It's a fact. Money can't buy you happiness, but it sure can help.

After much indecision and a lot of self-loathing, inward battles with myself and heaps of attempted common sense, I decided that I should get a housemate instead of staying alone.

Because my parents don't print money and I should understand that I should try to be less of a burden to them. Because I should be grateful to even be here instead of... I don't know, being sold as a prostitute in Thailand. Because there are people out there in the world who don't even have enough money to buy food. Because I should realize that 'torture' by my definition is 'heaven' to another person. Because there is every reason to get a housemate and only one reason not to - my own selfish desire to get out of a potentially difficult position of living with another person.

Now every 2-3 days I panic that I could have potentially made the biggest mistake of my life - again - after it has been made clear that you never know who is a psycho until you live with them.

Didn't help that recently my friend launched into a story-telling session about crazy housemates that almost froze my blood in my veins.

This should be easy. This shouldn't be something that I should see as a big deal. I shouldn't panic. Every other unscarred person out there gets a housemate - hell, even 2-3 housemates - without even blinking an eye and they're fine.

I'm the crazy person who is getting panic attacks over moving in with someone new. Now I'm the potential psycho housemate here.

What is wrong with me?!?!

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home