Tooth Fairy In The Making

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Homesick

Have been getting sudden urges to drink Horlicks (do they have it here? I never go down the drinks aisle when I go grocery shopping) and curl up in bed with oranges and a good book.

And eat half boiled eggs boiled exactly right. My dad had the horrendous task of making my soft boiled eggs when I was young (kindy age). If he accidentally broke the yolk when he cracked the egg into the bowl I'd get upset. If it was overdone or underdone, I'd get upset. Yes, I was a brat when it came to my eggs. Now I have no half boiled eggs, broken or unbroken yolk, underdone or overdone! *tears*

And walking to the pasar malam on Wednesdays with my childhood friends to buy Ramlee burgers, taufu fa and all sorts of sugary goodies (contributors to my caries, no doubt). And assam flavoured ice cream! Am I the only person who remembers it? Everyone insists they don't remember that in their childhood. Did I just make it up?

I miss home!!!

Labels:

4 comment(s):

Half boiled eggs, with butter and kaya toast on the side.

And a nice strong latte to wash them all down.

*bliss*

By Blogger Tan Yee Wei, at 7/23/2008 6:01 PM  

HMMMm i think the assam ice-cream u're referring to was the long-stick kind right... with a plastic see-thru wrapper.

i never touched those man hahaha.. even when i was young, i tot it was very gross, when i saw how u all sucked at it, and how the dirty canteen lady's hands went to take it out of the freezer and it was dripping with (i assume VERY DIRTY) water. Eww...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/23/2008 8:34 PM  

Babe! I totally remember the asam flavoured ice cream.. issit the popsicle kind of 'ice cream' in the plastic long tube-ish casing? I miss Ramlee burger too! :( how have u been!? i've been crazily mad busy!

love,
Ruth

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/24/2008 2:28 AM  

No no no, not the ones in the plastic thingie. It's this guy who had a store in the pasar malam and he had ice cream that was more like just ice and flavour rather than with cream. And one of the flavours he had was the asam flavour....it was orange in colour...I think it was 30 cents for a cone with it??? After my childhood I've never seen it anywhere anymore. :(

By Blogger Dental Girl, at 7/24/2008 8:20 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home