Tooth Fairy In The Making

Friday, February 16, 2007

A Friend In Need...

A friend in need is a friend indeed.

For years whenever someone qouted that proverb, I thought about it in negative terms. I thought it meant that if someone needed you, then they'll call you a friend and ask for help. In other words, when they don't need you you're just white trash.

Pretty opposite to what the proverb actually means - that when you are in trouble, the person who helps you is a true friend.

What if I'm sick and tired of being the person people turn to when they need help, and sick of people who only call me their friend when they need help? Does that make me selfish and petty? A person who calculates her friendships?

On the other hand, do I just lie around like a doormat waiting for the next person to call me up for help, and ditch me when the problem is solved?

That is the question.

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home