Tooth Fairy In The Making

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Piano Lessons

Was talking to a friend from back home, reminiscing about the times when we were young and carefree. Specifically, our times with our music teacher.

My music teacher lived just down the block from my house - perhaps a 3 minute walk. The atmosphere of her home was delicious - the air was scented and everything was so clean and ... nice. Anyway, for practical classes if I practiced really hard she would tell me to go into the side room and pick out a sticker from the sticker box so she can stick it on the page as a reward. That gave me great pleasure - amazing how such small things could mean so much when one is young.

And theory classes... we would study together on her dining table and being the children that we were, there would be a lot of kicking each other under the table. I distinctly remember one of my friends behaving so badly that he was told to stand in a corner. And I bet he's reading this blog now burning in shame. At least, he should be burning in shame!

Anyway, they were happy times. All these memories came rushing back perhaps also after playing piano here after a long absence from it.

I miss it. A lot.

Labels:

1 comment(s):

I loved reading this article, it made me think of the days when I walked what seemed a long way to my piano teachers home (2 blocks) and enjoyed my lessons. His home had an attached garage turned into a piano and guitar studio and when I was early, I loved listening to the previous student through the closed doors.

I grew up and became a piano teacher myself, in fact, have been teaching since 1982 when I graduated from High School. I still teach from my home, but enjoy teaching online as well.

I would love for you to stop by and visit my website and take a look at how piano lessons are different now than from 20 years ago.

My name is Lisa and you can find me at:

http://www.LearnPianoOnline.com

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/03/2008 6:38 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home