Tooth Fairy In The Making

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Dental Girl

It is almost the end of another trimester and as I put in the fourth quarter of note paper into my diary I am compelled to re-evaluate my life for the past 9 months of the year.

I pretty much spent the first 3 months enjoying life and the second 3 months thinking about buying a car.

The 3rd quarter has definitely been the most interesting. In a way, totally unexpected.

The truth is that when I was a teen my faith in God was strong. I was one of the church pianists, spent every Sunday in church and pretty much had a good relationship with Him. But from the age of 16 my involvement dropped off - mainly because of some hurt feelings over a production of a play in church. Long story short - I walked away from God. I felt unappreciated, ill treated and was tired of people expecting so much out of me and felt it shouldn't be that hard.

When I came to Australia it was even easier to drift further and further away. First you miss a service once a month, then every couple of weeks and soon just the thought of having to wake up early on a Sunday is distasteful. Things get more and more irrelevant and suddenly you realize maybe you don't even believe in it at all.

Anyway, I'm grateful that I have found the way back to Him, in the most ridiculous way possible.

New Church Friend: So, you're in final year now. How come you've just joined the church?
Me: The honest answer would be that I got a car and figured now that it's easy to travel maybe I should come to church again.

I had initially wanted to just do the go to church every Sunday thing and be done with it - fulfill my obligation. However, I decided to take a step further and join a cell group and here I am - thankful that I made that life changing choice.

What have I learned? I have learned that God works in many ways and one should never underestimate what He can do.

Mountains will move for your name is God
Nothing's too hard for You, You created life
You make a way where there is no way
You make me strong, You'll be my strength always
.

Labels: ,

1 comment(s):

"To see a world in a grain of sand
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour."
- William Blake, 'Auguries of Innocence'

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/30/2008 12:36 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home