Tooth Fairy In The Making

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Macaroons

A friend of mine who was studying pastry in France finally came back to Melbourne a couple of weeks ago. Since I just got back from Shepparton I seized the opportunity to get him to fulfill his promise to me - to teach me how to bake macaroons.


Macaroons all piped out on the tray. Apparently the reason why they're staggered rows is so that they bake more evenly. Something about airflow.


Out from the oven.

The filling - An outer ganache ring with some nutella with some paillete feulletine crushed in.


End product!

It's hard work!! I doubt if I would ever do it again, but the results were pleasing. When I sandwiched the macaroon pieces together I couldn't stop smiling.

Now...if only I can get him to teach me how to make molded chocolates next...

Labels:

1 comment(s):

ooo... i wan!!! looks really yummy n i m really hungry now... :-(

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/21/2008 10:01 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home