Tooth Fairy In The Making

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Hold The Door

I woke up bright and early in the morning and headed out of the apartment. Downstairs, the guy who was ahead of me actually held the door open to let me through. Not in the him going through the door and holding it open so it won't slam in my face way - which is the usual - but actually holding the door open to let me go first.

I know it's not an entirely foreign concept, but somehow I was very touched by his gesture. Maybe because the last time someone opened the door for me was... I can't even remember when. And the way he did it.

Of course, feminists are out there screaming 'What? Is he implying I can't open the door myself?' but I'm all for old world ideas of holding open doors, carrying grocery bags and etc.

Thank you, stranger.

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home