Tooth Fairy In The Making

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Can You Do A 36O In One Hour?

There was 1 hour left in the session.

Demonstrator: Let's see if there's anything small that you can do. Are you good at occlusals?
Me: I'm alright...but I don't think I should do it.
Demonstrator: Yeah, better not. This is probably going to be a big cavity.

The truth is, I can cut a cavity and fill it in an hour. Question is, do you have the time to check my LA, check my cavity prep, check my finish product - each stage at least a 10 minute wait for my poor patient? And is your stupid internet linked patient management system going to let me log in to let me write up the patient records??

Hate waiting. Love demonstrators who only want to see the finish product and have the ability to come see what's going on in less than a minute.

Ohhh, and did I mention that I was considered to 'need' assistance because I didn't check the perio chart before commencing scale and clean??

The chart wasn't even correct!! And that woman doesn't even have perio! She was just here for a routine clean!!!!!

Stewing.

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home