Tooth Fairy In The Making

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Back from Self-Imposed Knitting Camp

So sorry I haven't been updating for a while. The truth is - my life was consumed by knitting.

I woke up and got onto the train to go to clinic - and I knitted.

I waited for patients to show up. While waiting, I knitted.

On the way home on the train and tram - I knitted.

When I picnicked in the park - I knitted.

In other words, every waking moment that wasn't occupied - I knitted.

The good news is I managed to finish one vest and one long sleeved cardigan bolero thingie in less than 3 weeks! Hah!

Here's a picture of me in the park - knitting. Well, trying on my half finished sweater.



Incidentally, this week in dentistry has been strange.

Firstly, one of my patients stole my mirror and probe. Yes, stole it. Didn't get it back because I didn't actually see it happen and therefore couldn't accuse patient. Nurses and demonstrator were irate. I was disturbed and lost faith in all patients.

Secondly, I opened sent the x-rays for developing and in the packet were not one x ray film but 2. I only realized that after I took my hand out of the lightbox thing and saw that there was a film in my hand. Panicked for a while - thinking I was stupid enough to feed in a piece of paper instead of the film but concluded I couldn't have been that stupid. Anyway, it came out underdeveloped - probably because there were 2 sheets of film to get through instead of one?

Thinking of learning how to knit socks next. However, my first 4 attempts have ended in shambles i.e. me yanking off all the stitches off the needle...angry. Knitting with double pointed needles drives me crazy!

I think I need lessons.

Labels: , ,

3 comment(s):

hmmm....double x-ray film packs do exist - in the manner of your discovery. maybe you just need to up the exposure time a lil' bit?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/23/2008 7:06 PM  

You mean they actually pack 2 films into one pack on purpose?? I never knew that. They didn't say it was that way!

By Blogger Dental Girl, at 2/24/2008 8:55 AM  

lol...yeah they do. Good if the patient wants another copy of the x-ray too, cos' it'll save you the hassle of copying it!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/25/2008 7:01 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home