Tooth Fairy In The Making

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Imperfection

Occasionally I write a post ranting about the fact that some self satisfied, egoistic I'm-way-better-than-everyone-else-I'm-always-right has once again demeaned and judged me for my interest in the material world, lack of ambition, shallow thoughts, sleeveless tops (yes, you read right) ...etc.

It's been a few months since I culled them all out of my life - the critics of my life who just walk in, judge everything and walk out, leaving me feeling like I was the scum of the earth.

Since then I have made less critical friends who accept me for who I am and this has lead me to an epiphany.

The more self-satisfied a person is, the more judgmental the person usually turns out to be. I guess it's because when one thinks one is perfect, it's easy to criticise everyone's actions and weaknesses, writing them off as incapable, ungodly and every other negative thing.

I guess only the people who recognise imperfection in themselves can accept things perfectly.

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home