Tooth Fairy In The Making

Monday, October 08, 2007

Have I Told You Lately That I...

I thought I'd state a few random things about me that may be obvious to some, but perhaps a complete surprise to others.

1. I can't make decisions. Should I buy that top in red or should I buy it in blue? I can take half an hour standing in front of the two, incapable of making up my mind. Salespeople and shopping partners go crazy. Which is why...

2. I enjoy shopping alone. I just feel bad making people have to wait around while I take ages to decide if the dress makes me look fat or not... and if that pair of sunglasses I want is too sunglassy. When I shop alone I can take my time and slowly come to a conclusion.

3. I can't work a photocopying machine. It's true - although I can do simple page by page copying. Even then, I am never sure... should I put the page in the tall way or the long way? Always confused. Anything more than that is beyond me and I need help.

4. I don't eat seafood. Yes. The fishy taste is just not my kind of thing.

5. I like my eggs half-boiled.

6. I sleep on my side.

7. I wanted to be a bank teller. It's true. I used to go to the bank with my mom when I was young and I told my mom that being a bank teller must be fun - pretty much just processing stuff in an air-conditioned environment. How nice and genteel. Mom wasn't impressed.

8. Anything to do with saliva makes me sick. I know - how am I in dentistry then? When the patient spits, I turn away. Seeing them spit out just makes me nauseated. When the saliva ejector is at work, I just attempt to tune out and pretend it's not saliva.

9. I love Beauty and The Beast. That's my favourite Disney cartoon ever. I could sing along to it forever. Lol.

10. I eat really slowly. This is a fairly recent development that I did not realize until my friend illustrated the act of me eating. Apparently I'd pick up my fork and spoon slowly, take up half a spoonful of food, eat it slowly... and put the fork and spoon down. Talk about something for like half a minute, wasting precious precious time that I could spend better eating. Repeat. Apparently it gets quite annoying. I swear I'm not doing it on purpose though, and I could eat faster if I wanted to. It's not like we're going anywhere, are we? The irony is that I used to be a really fast eater. Not sure what happened.

Labels:

1 comment(s):

Good post! My husband eats really slow also. It doesn't bother me, but all his friends tease him about taking such "petite" bites.

By Blogger D, at 10/10/2007 4:52 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home