Tooth Fairy In The Making

Monday, March 12, 2007

Up Clothes

My mandarin is atrocious.

I remember going into a fish shop because of my unquenchable desire to get a bowl of fish to put into my room. At that point in time, it was just the thing to complete my room.

I ended up pointing out everything that I wanted because I didn't know what aquariums, guppies, seaweed, pebbles and fish food were called in mandarin.

Anyway, after shopping in my hometown for a couple of weeks I learnt the basics. Now I know what phone charms, tops, skirts, dresses and pants are called.

That's when I learnt that tops are called "shang yi" (if this is absolutely shocking mandarin spelling please forgive me) which literally translated means up clothes.

I went up clothes shopping and came home with these:



Top from some random shop that was closing down - I love it!



Pilgrim - Threw away the tag so I don't remember what it's called. Got it for AUD21, down from AUD150. I love sales!!



Lolita - Saw this top before sale and was too fat at that time to buy it. Finally bought it this time, with a 30% discount! Loved it so much I bought the pink version of it as well.

Must. Stop. Spending.

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home