Tooth Fairy In The Making

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Blue Basketweave Scarf

I have to apologize for my lack of updates. I've just been too busy knitting to have anything much happen in my life or time to actually post up posts.

Here's the first scarf that I've made this year for my housemate with her yarn.



If there are any knitters, the pattern is a simple basketweave pattern. I made it with 5.5mm needles using merino wool. Pattern is as follows:

Cast on 20 stitches.

Garter stitch 6 rows.

Row 1: Knit 2, purl 2, repeat until the end.
Row 2: Same as Row 1.
Row 3: Purl 2, knit 2, repeat until the end.
Row 4: Same as Row 3.

Repeat until scarf is the desired length. Garter stitch 6 rows.

Add fringe.

Labels:

7 comment(s):

It's so nice! It looks really warm, too. Very cottagey, winter, snowing, oh...I might just have to knit one! My mom would LOVE one!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/31/2007 12:28 PM  

Thanks, this was really useful. :D

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/21/2008 3:21 PM  

wow what a beautiful scarf and I had to print it out and even though it is August I will start is soon. I looks like a scarf that you bought in a store.

Judy/Springboro

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/28/2008 11:31 PM  

What a beautiful scarf, I normally do this pattern 4x4 basketweave.
This is so pretty to it this way 2x2.
Will make several for Christmas gifts.
Thank you so much, for sharing your pattern.
Martha /Tennessee

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/12/2008 2:04 AM  

thanks so much for sharing this pattern. i have not knitted for 25 years and just wanted to make a scarf to get back into it again. i made the mistake of adding about 12 stitches thinking this was too narrow ... now i am making another one with the 20 stitches and it looks much better!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/18/2009 6:45 AM  

I love this pattern. Would you provide width and length and the thickness of the yarn you used? Thanks!

By Blogger Deb Knippel, at 4/25/2009 12:56 PM  

This is such a beautiful pattern! Thanks for sharing. Question about the fringe though, how did you do the bunches? Did you do one per stitch and then knot them together? It looks better than how my fringe usually turns out! Please let me know- thanks!

By Anonymous Jen, at 12/25/2009 4:28 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home