Tooth Fairy In The Making

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Absolutely Anybody

It's Saturday night and I'm at home knitting a scarf.

Mom: What are you doing now?
Me: Knitting.
Mom: Why aren't you out on a Saturday night?
Me: Because there's nothing to do?
Mom: You know, you shouldn't be too picky about the guys you meet. I mean, as long as the guy cares about you and takes care of you, what more do you want? Qualifications isn't that big of a deal.
Me: Oh, really? So if I bring home a random non-graduate who loves me with every fiber of his being he's going to be good enough?
Mom: Don't be ridiculous... there are graduates everywhere!
Me: You just said qualifications weren't a big deal!
Mom: I meant that he doesn't have to be a dentist or a doctor....

I'm sick and tired of this.

Everyone is saying the same thing to Dental Girl - stop looking for killer whales and start settling for guppies. After all, there are millions of guppies out there, isn't it? Why persist on a killer whale?

I just don't think it's worth wasting my time on someone that is just okay, i.e. yeah-he's-alright-if-you-don't-count-his-disgusting-pet-lizard. Even if that means that I stay at home on Saturday night, knitting scarves and learning how to do cable stitch.

Besides, don't I at least deserve an atlantic salmon?

1 comment(s):

isn't doing dentistry supposed to be challenging and a lot of studyload? how is it that you have so much free time? or am i wrong about dentistry?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/18/2007 12:58 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home