Tooth Fairy In The Making

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Troubled Mind 2

Just had a good crying fit in my room for a good hour. Sometimes the best thing to do is to just give up trying to pretend everything is alright and just do what is appropriate - eat chocolates and go into depression.

Parents naturally thought I was crazy.

It's in times like these that self pity takes over. Why can't I be more like other normal human beings whose biggest worry in the world is what color to wear for the next day.

Of course, I know better than that. Someone out there who is homeless and starving would gladly trade their place with mine anytime.

It's not that I'm ungrateful. It's just that sometimes things just mount up until I can't take it anymore.

2 days ago, I told my friend my life is near perfect. He admonished me.

Him: I get nervous when people say that. It's like inviting something bad to come happen to show you your life sucks.
Me: Nah...how bad can life be anymore? Isn't an accident, a dissapointing friend, a controlling psycho and a kleptomanic housemate enough for 4 years of my life? Isn't that enough misfortune for a lifetime?!
Him: Just don't get too happy.

I guess what he said is true.

NO.

I refuse to go down the valley of self pity. I shall instead go to the mountains and search for cashmere sweaters, diamonds and leather luxury goods.

Excuse me while I go drown my sorrows.

Labels:

1 comment(s):

I hope you are fine. Do cheer up, hope tings will turn for the better.

By Blogger Tan Yee Wei, at 1/14/2007 12:51 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home