Tooth Fairy In The Making

Friday, January 12, 2007

The Way It Goes

My GP had informed me the persistent pain I've been experiencing on my upper right side of my face was due to a vertically impacted wisdom tooth. I believed her and went to consult the oral surgeon to get it extracted.

He looked at the notes, looked at me and said, "This is not a wisdom tooth problem."

Somehow that announcement didn't comfort me.

After a few proddings and more questions he finally settled on the root of the problem.

"The titanium plates that were implanted into your face during your accident seem to be the source of your pain. I would suggest removing them on both sides as well as the wisdom tooth - all at one go under GA."

.....

96% of titanium implants are fine. Turns out I'm one of the 4%.

Now I'm in the wild goose chase of having to find out what brand of titanium plates they used because apparently, different systems use different screws and bolts to hold it in place.

When will my dental woes end?

P/S: The surgeon seemed tickled when he found out I was a dental student. What is so funny?!?!?

Labels:

1 comment(s):

I don't know about you, but I i had titanium plates that need removing, i'll insist on keeping them. They're titanium afterall, and the metal-bone interface should be quite nifty.

By Blogger Tan Yee Wei, at 1/13/2007 12:26 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home