Tooth Fairy In The Making

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Monday. Tuesday.

In the past 24 hours I have taken 10 impressions, only one satisfactory.

10% success rate.

I can't do it anymore. I can't get another tube of PVS (I actually cleaned out the stock, can you believe it), I can't pack the retraction cord in again, can't sit the patient up and tell her she has to go through it again, can't pull off the failed impression and spread more tray adhesive onto the tray. Just can't do it.

Yet as I say this, tomorrow I have to do it again.

Was getting increasingly frustrated working when my friend walked up to me.

Friend: Are you busy right now?
Me: I'm in -

Wanted to say hell but couldn't actually say that out loud in front of the patient.

Me: I'm in - in - I'm really busy right now!!!!

The demonstrator told me what doesn't break me will only make me stronger. That this insane failure rate will one day make me a great impression taker.

Maybe. But right now I just want to quit dentistry and become a professional tea party organizer.

Labels: ,

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home