Tooth Fairy In The Making

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Xocolatl

Went to Canterbury to try out Xocolatl for myself.

There was a point in time when going out of the city on a train to another suburb was unheard of, basically because I wasn't actually sure how to take a train and I considered it a long journey. However, ever since my posting to Knox and having to commute 1.5 hours out just to get to Ferntree Gully, my fear of trains has somewhat dissipated.

Anyway, we got to Canterbury and headed to Xocolatl.

The hot chocolate was yummy! My friend tried the orange flavoured one while I went for cinnamon and vanilla - both excellent and extremely filling (probably fattening too). I bought back a few chocolates as well to try in the comfort of my home. Have just tried their rose flavoured caramel chocolate (or something along those lines) and it's really good! The rose flavour is quite distinctive but not in any way overpowering.



For those in Melbourne, it is a must try!

Anyway, That's hot chocolate. Canterbury itself !!!!!!

I love that suburb - if there is some form of job vacancy for a dentist next year, I want to practice there!!

It's so quaint, the people are so nice, the shops are fabulous....there really isn't anything to not like. indeed, one can almost insist one is somewhere in Europe.


Me in a small park in Canterbury - It was raining, the air was crisp and the scenery absolutely gorgeous.

Altogether a very fulfilling day.

Labels:

1 comment(s):

so fun and such pretty pictures :)
the hot choc looks heavenly! particularly love how the choc flakes are sprinkled so perfectly in the middle hehe.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/27/2008 4:38 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home