Tooth Fairy In The Making

Monday, January 28, 2008

Ways To Save

As the date of my graduation nears, I feel compelled to start saving money. After years of depending on my parents for everything, it has suddenly hit me that in 10 months or so - it's all going to be up to me to feed myself.

I read up a few random articles on how to save money and these are a few tips that I particularly like and definitely apply to me:

1. Bring bottled water everywhere - I got into the bad habit of just buying a new bottle of water from 7-11 every time I forgot to bring a bottle out. Must make it a point to bring bottled water out as part of my daily bag packing routine.

2. Stop eating snacks - Seeing how I easily down 2 bags of chips a week if I choose to buy and stock them, not buying them would save me at least AUD4 a week. Plus, I stay thinner!

3. Keep track of expenses - This is a very difficult one. I always try to do it but after 2 days, I veer off track. Must try harder.

4. Do your own grooming - That includes eyebrow shaping, manicures and pedicures, etc etc etc.

5. Finish everything you buy before buying the next thing - For example, if you accidentally bought a shower gel that you happen to hate the scent of, finish it!!! That way you will never have a whole bathroomful of half used shower gels, half used shampoos etc etc etc.

I'll stick to these 5 first and see how I go. I kinda do 4 most of the time now, and am in the process of finishing off all my random half bottles of things.

Wish me luck.

Labels:

4 comment(s):

i wish u luck

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/28/2008 2:39 PM  

haha, I think I could save so much money if I kept track of things better or made a budget. But....I don't. haha!

By Blogger Rachel, at 1/30/2008 2:08 AM  

How about saying to yourself "I have enough handbags" and not buying any more this year?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/05/2008 12:08 AM  

Because I'm penny wise pound foolish!

Nah, it's because I don't think handbags should be sacrificed :P

By Blogger Dental Girl, at 2/05/2008 6:22 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home