Ways To SaveAs the date of my graduation nears, I feel compelled to start saving money. After years of depending on my parents for everything, it has suddenly hit me that in 10 months or so - it's all going to be up to me to feed myself.
I read up a few random articles on how to save money and these are a few tips that I particularly like and definitely apply to me:
1. Bring bottled water everywhere - I got into the bad habit of just buying a new bottle of water from 7-11 every time I forgot to bring a bottle out. Must make it a point to bring bottled water out as part of my daily bag packing routine.
2. Stop eating snacks - Seeing how I easily down 2 bags of chips a week if I choose to buy and stock them, not buying them would save me at least AUD4 a week. Plus, I stay thinner!
3. Keep track of expenses - This is a very difficult one. I always try to do it but after 2 days, I veer off track. Must try harder.
4. Do your own grooming - That includes eyebrow shaping, manicures and pedicures, etc etc etc.
5. Finish everything you buy before buying the next thing - For example, if you accidentally bought a shower gel that you happen to hate the scent of, finish it!!! That way you will never have a whole bathroomful of half used shower gels, half used shampoos etc etc etc.
I'll stick to these 5 first and see how I go. I kinda do 4 most of the time now, and am in the process of finishing off all my random half bottles of things.
Wish me luck.
Labels: My Organized Life