Tooth Fairy In The Making

Monday, January 21, 2008

Blogging

I know now that my blog does not truly chronicle my life to its completeness.

True - I write breezy articles about how I had so much fun when I went out, how successful my baking has been, how good my life is. Which is true. But other things that are also true I do not write.

I suppose we do not expose our darkest secrets for the world to see. But I am starting to feel that this blog is not going to help me when I look back 5 years from now - because what I have truly been experiencing won't be written down.

I realized this when I flipped through my blog to a day I was so distraught because of something that hurt me so deeply that even a year later I remember it vividly. Yet on my blog - all I wrote for that week were more frothy epistles.

As far as my blog is concerned it never happened.

Considering making my blog private.

Labels:

3 comment(s):

blogs are for the outside world to read. if you started writing about all the deep, dark secrets in your life sure it would make a great story but is it something you want to expose to everyone?
i'd save that sort of thing for a private journal.
If you make your blog private, it sorta means the same thing.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/22/2008 6:33 PM  

but we need your entertaining froth! tho i agree, it's important to keep notes on emotional highs and lows because we tend to forget the journey otherwise. so i say, keep a private blog/journal, but as an adjunct (haha...)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/24/2008 11:09 PM  

I am having a bit of difficulty with the Pattern for the Mohair Diamond Eylet Scarf. whenever I get to the pattern rows. I always end up with sts left on the left needle.On the 5th your I end up with 3 sts. should I knit them. It doesn't say that on the pattern.
Hope you can help me.
bwindley@shaw.ca

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/01/2008 1:33 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home