Tooth Fairy In The Making

Friday, April 27, 2007

Fishtail Lace

I decided to progress futher with lace work and selected this pattern - a very pretty fishtail lace.

So the name is not romantic - that does not mean the end product is not beautiful nontheless.



This scarf was made with 8 ply yarn with 4mm needles.

Pattern is as follows:

Cast on 31 stitches.

Row1 : K1, *yf, k3, sl1, k2tog, psso, k3, yf, k1, rep from *
Row 2: Purl all stitches
Row 3: K1, *k1, yf, k2, sl1, k2tog, psso, k2, yf, k2, rep from *
Row 4: Purl all stitches
Row 5: K1, *k2, yf, k1, sl1, k2tog, psso, k1, yf, k3, rep from *
Row 6: Purl all stitches
Row 7: K1, *k3, yf, sl1, k2tog, psso, yf, k4, rep from *
Row 8: Purl all stitches.

Repeat pattern until scarf is desired length. If the scarf is too narrow, just cast on extra multiples of 10 and do more repeats.
This pattern is reasonably easy to remember.

A fringe can be added if desired. The ends of the fishtails will be pointy, which was why I attached the fringes to the points only.

I made it for a friend of mine who had unfortunately not been receiving all the things I've sent her. They all disappeared in the mail.

I guess 3rd time's the charm.

Labels:

8 comment(s):

That scarf is quite beautiful! I've bookmarked and I'm gonna take a stab at it one day!

By Blogger Michela, at 5/19/2007 12:58 PM  

I love this! Do you know how many yards of yarn you used?

By Blogger Tina, at 8/12/2007 10:29 PM  

I don't really recall exactly how much yarn I used, but 3 50g balls of 8 ply yarn would be plenty. The scarf is quite narrow though, so if you prefer a wider scarf you may need more.

By Blogger Dental Girl, at 8/13/2007 12:44 AM  

Thanks for the terrific scarf pattern. I just finished it. I did it in a multi sunset colored New Zealand DK. It blocked beautifully and I appreciate your sharing it with us.

pjd

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/23/2007 5:24 AM  

This is a beautiful pattern! As soon as I saw it I knew I wanted it sooo badly :)

I just wanted to make one note on terminology...Yarn Forward (YF) should be Yarn Over (YO). I had a heck of a time wondering what I was doing wrong (I'm still relatively new to knitting and no amount of googling knitting stitches and yarn forward was helping me out) and my mom was the one who figured it out :) Now it's coming along very well.

Thanks for the pattern!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/21/2007 4:32 AM  

It's very beautiful. I love that color.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/03/2009 2:58 PM  

Gorgeous!! I've just cast on and already I love how easy the pattern is, but how fancy the scarf looks! Thanks!

By Blogger Katiekipper, at 2/04/2009 11:12 PM  

Thank you so much for the terrific pattern. Our knitting guild is asking us to knit red scarves which will be donated to women in our community who have had a heart attach or by-pass surgery. I think your pattern is perfect and have already started working on one!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/20/2009 5:43 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home