Tooth Fairy In The Making

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Goodbye, Melbourne

I've graduated and I no longer live the life of a student in Melbourne.

Click here to go to my new blog, which will chronicle my life in the country.


Sunday, January 04, 2009


So I admit that I'm starting to get pre-moving jitters.

I guess Melbourne has been my home away from home for 6 years now and on the eve of the move I realize that my decision to move to a country town may not have been the smartest idea.

I'm sure it's just the packing. Been up since 7.30am sorting out last minute things... and there seems to be millions of last minute things. However, I've come to realize that I can function and live quite happily with only about 7% of my worldly possessions (the other 93% already packed up in boxes, ready to go).

Milton has been blissfully unaware of the stress I'm going through and has been having a lot of fun chewing up moving boxes, my slippers and pretty much anything that he can lay his puppy teeth on. The only comfort is that he doesn't pee all over the house - although that's probably going to change in the new place where I have to toilet train him all over again.

Milton Watching - Milton having a look at what I'm doing while he sits up on the chair, happy in his idleness.

Can't wait for everything to be back to normal again.


Saturday, January 03, 2009


In preparation for my upcoming move I have applied for a dialup account to tide me over before my broadband gets connected. Am using it now as we speak to test if it's working.

It is. Very. Very. Very. Ve. Ry. Slow. Ly.

With the accompanying buzzing and ding-ing that indicates that you're connecting up. Slightly nostalgic, but not enough to move me to tears. After all, it only takes like 3 minutes to load up one page.


No idea how am I going to survive this move.


Friday, January 02, 2009

Fridge Lightbulb

My fridge's lightbulb blew about 3 months ago. Being the unmotivated people that we are we decided that our food could live in darkness - we didn't care.

Now that I'm finally going to be moving, I decided to go on a quest for a replacement and was duly informed that the lightbulb I had was 'special' and it would be hard to find.

Haven't tried Bunnings or a light speciality store yet, which will be my next goal.

Packing isn't really as hard as it may seem - it's more the idea of it that is depressing. I probably only pack about 2-3 hours a day and spend the rest of the time taking care of Milton, lying in bed watching re-runs of various TV series and sleeping.

Milton Chewing - Milton on his favourite chair, chewing his favourite chew toys. Has a habit of dropping them on the floor and looking at me sadly, expecting me to pick them up and return it to him. So spoiled!

Milton Wet - Milton after another bath. His ears are particularly difficult to dry.


Thursday, January 01, 2009

Before Dinner

Here's just a video of my routine with Milton before dinner.

I do not put the food down and let him eat immediately - he has to work for it first. I usually start with some simple exercises 'sit', 'shake hands' and then I"ll start mixing it up and making it a little harder for him.

Am currently trying to get him to 'paw up', which is to paw at whatever object I point to. He's getting the drift, as you can see from this video.

Quality of video not so good because I have to hold the camera in my left hand and the treat in the other. Also, was silly to hold it in portrait instead of landscape. Oh well, things to note for next time. Notice that he was confused with the handshake - that's because I usually offer my left hand rather than my right.